Terms & Conditions
1. Event details: Client is hiring Caterer to provide food and beverages, and related services, for the event stated above, at the date and time stated above, and address stated above.
2. Invoice: The Parties will agreed to an primary invoice with a detailed menu and service provided by the caterer. Caterer will need a final number of guests from the client maximum 5 days before the event. The final invoice will be emailed and also handed over the day of the event.
3. Coordination with venue: Caterer will need to have access to the Venue minimum 2 hours in advance of the Start Time for the Event (preferably 6 hours prior) and 2 hours after the End Time for clean up. Client will make all necessary arrangements, at Client’s expense, to get this access arranged. Prior to the event, Caterer will schedule a walkthrough of the venue (if necessary) with client and go through a list of agreements between both parties, for a successful event. In the case these terms are not respected the day of the event, Caterer will not be held responsible for the outcome of the event.
4. Payment terms: In exchange for the services of Caterer as specified in this Catering Contract, Client will pay to Caterer the amount stated on the invoice per person attending the event. Payment will be made to the Caterer as follows: 50% due at signing of the contract and full balance due 24 business hours prior to the day of the event, in cash or check (credit card accepted fees apply). The amount due will be provided by the caterer, in writing 48 hours before the Event. At the end of the event, the caterer will provide a settled invoice for payment of any last minute headcount increase, or extended service time. The client will provide the caterer with a Credit Card number to put on file prior the event as security of payment. In the event client provides a NSF check, or the check does not clear, the caterer is allowed to charge the credit card, fees, tip and all expenses occurred to a check return. If final payment resolution, due to any delays, is not resolved by 10 business days post event date, a 20% surcharge will be applied to the final bill. In the case payment is not finalized 30 days post event date; Caterer is entitled to take legal recourses to collect funds owed with a 30% surcharge to the final invoice.
5. Responsibilities for related costs: Client is solely responsible for all costs, damages and deposits relating to use of the Venue, and for obtaining any necessary permission, authorizations, or other requirement of Caterer providing services at the Venue.
6. Insurance and indemnification: Caterer has a general liability insurance relating to Caterer’s services at the Event. However, Client will indemnify and hold harmless Caterer for any damage, theft, or loss of Caterer’s property occurring at the event.
7. Cancellation: If the Client needs to cancel the event Client must provide written notice to Caterer along with a cancellation fee described in this Catering Contract, for cancellation to come to effect.
Client understands that upon entering into this Contract, Caterer is committing time and resources to this Event and thus cancellation would result in lost income and lost business opportunities in an amount hard to precisely calculate. Therefore, the following cancellation limitations will apply.
In order to secure the event date, the client must provide a deposit of the amount of 50% of the invoice (non-refundable). If Client requests cancellation 14-89 days before the Event, Caterer shall be entitled to 60 percent of the invoice provided upon signing contract (an additional 10% on top of the deposit).
Caterer shall be entitled to 90 percent of the invoice provided upon signing contract for any cancellation thereafter. Any balance will be payable upon notice of cancellation.
8. Legal compliance: Caterer will work in compliance with all applicable local health department rules and regulations relating to food preparation and food service.
9. Assignment: This Contract cannot be assigned by either Party without the other’s written consent, with the exception set forth in paragraph 10, below.
10. Limitation of remedies: If Caterer cannot fulfill its obligations under this Contract for reasons outside of its control; Caterer may locate and retain a replacement catering company at no additional cost to Client. Caterer will not be responsible for any additional damages or compensation under these circumstances.
11. Resolution of disputes: The Parties agree to not post any negative information about the other arising out of this Contract or Event on any online forum or website without providing advance written notice of the intended content thereof, and providing the other party with an opportunity to resolve any issues between the parties amicably.
ALL ALCOHOL AND MIXERS SERVED MUST BE KOSHER CERTIFIED. ALL WINES MUST BE KOSHER CERTIFIED AND MARKED ON THE LABEL AS “MEVUSHAL”
*This contract is subject to changes. For any possible changes, or recent updates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org